Friday, April 14, 2006

Placement

So I just finished my first week working at CTS.
It has been a good first week actually the first couple of days were slow. The first day was spent in the studio watching the various productions and the second was spent in the control rooms with the director. Wednesday is when things got interesting I spent the day with Shannon in the VTR room. He is very good at teaching and then letting me do it so by the end of the day I was solo on VTR. Which is basically playing video and recording shows.
Yesterday I spent the day in Master Control pretty much watching the broadcast to ensure that it goes out alright. Also digitizing promos and shows. lots of watching and waiting.

3 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Blogger vicki said...

Looks like some good experience... good for you!
We missed the Sun. evening show...will it be rebroadcast?

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Hilsy said...

hey! hope things are going well!! are you having fun?? learning alot?? :)
love ya!

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Meg said...

So...I've decided that I'm not a big fan of JV without you. It's just no fun at all. Oh, but people really thought the personalized awards were a great idea. I may have given Brooke one with the completely wrong last name...but other than that things went smoothly. One night left...are you sure you can't make it back? haha. Hope placement is going well!! You lost me with the tech talk (yes, I know it's shocking..haha), but hopefully you're enjoying it! See you when you return to the Bay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home